Friday, October 8, 2010

The Neighborhood

Monday the boys and I went out for a stroll in and around post.  Here are some of our sights.



These friendly horses are in a nearby backyard.



The sign as you enter the walking trail through the fields.  Google translate did not provide a very good translation, but I think it says keep your dog on a leash and don't leave your trash.




This is not a great picture, but I am trying to show the fields of cows.  There are NO fences.  I've grown up around lots of cows, but they have all been in fenced pastures.  Each cow has a cow bell around her neck and is free to roam as she wishes (I guess).  This day they were farther away from the walking path, but many times they are close enough to touch.  I suppose this is completely safe, but it feels weird.  Here are huge animals with huge horns that just watch you as you walk by.  I would love some inight from farmers here as to how each gorup of cows stays safely and contendly in its plot of land. 



These are the horses a bit down the path.  They have a fence to keep them in, one flimsy string.   


Seth is always asking what animals live in the holes he finds. 




Our home.  There are six apartments in the building.  We are the middle apartment on the second floor -- the middle, middle.   





We love packages.  Here is a good day at the post office piled in the stroller. 




The boys playing together.  Maybe Vic's just getting old enough or Dad's absence has forced creativity, but the boys are finally beginning to enjoy each other. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested to know about the cows too. Maybe the germans train their cows better than we do here in the states.

    I'm glad the boys are enjoying each other more, I'm sure that is also more enjoyable for you!

    ReplyDelete