Monday, December 27, 2010

Juliet's Balcony

We stopped through Verona, Italy, on our way back to Germany.  Though Shakespeare never actually visited Verona, we visited the balcony assumed to be Juliet's.  The best part is the graffiti left by modern day lovers.

O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.










Overlooking the Adige River in Verona


Driving in Italy was NUTS.  I felt like a reckless driver the entire time we were in Italy with my giant minivan and their teeny, tiny Fiats and Smart Cars.  I really thought I was going to be permanently wedged in a downward spiral of this parking garage forever.   We left the "uscita" unscathed and grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment