Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Gees -- Part 2

We stayed near Pisa four nights so we could see a bit of Tuscany.  A day in Pisa, a day in Lucca, a day in Florence (the Gees went by train to Florence while the boys and I had a rest day), and a day in Cinque Terre.  Ahhh, gorgeous.  I think my favorite was Cinque Terre. 


The tower in Pisa -- it leans.

Enjoying gelato

Lucca

We found this fun restaurant in the middle of nowhere in our hunt for Tuscan pottery.

A view from our drive during the pottery hunt

Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre

2 comments:

  1. I spent several nights in Cinque Terre, and it was my favorite too. There's a great hike that connects several of the little towns. We stayed in Vernazza. Wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these pictures remind me of Guanajuato--the colorful houses on the hills....

    ReplyDelete