Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer Vacation?

Can you really vacation with three children?  At the end of July my mom and I headed to Alabama with the kiddos.  We stayed in Elba a few days and then Craig joined us once he was finished with school obligations.  Max is a terrible (I mean TERRIBLE) sleeper but a very good little traveler.  From Elba we traveled to Pensacola.  All was going well enough until I got strep throat, Seth got a cold and pink eye, and then we all got pink eye.  At that point, we just decided to end the travels and be miserable at our own home with our own doctors.  It was wonderful to see family and introduce Max while it lasted.  I am sorry for the Birmingham family that we couldn't enjoy our days there.  Thanks for all the TLC on our way through. 

I took very few photos unfortunately, but here are a few from our time down south.

With Max's great grandmother, Carolyn.  We didn't plan the yellow but it makes for pretty pictures.

My mom's brother is also Max.  He was always called "Little Max" by those who also knew my grandfather, Max sr.  I guess now we have a new "Little Max".  

Seth enjoying the pool

Vic on Pensacola Beach

We enjoyed an afternoon at the Naval Air Museum before the kids got sick.  I do wonder if this playground is where all our pink eye troubles began.

A vacation nap

Catching and re-catching tadpoles

2 comments:

  1. We survived traveling with two kiddos, but I'm not sure about three. Glad Max is a good traveler, and I pray he sleeps better for you soon. Love the pics as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo for getting sick on vacation! Not fun! We were sick the whole time we were in NE back in Jan/Feb. It is miserable! On another note...did your mom get a slide for her pool?

    ReplyDelete