Monday, February 17, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things

The weekend after my birthday I hosted a "Few of My Favorite Things" party.  Each gal brought three wrapped, identical gifts.  I gave my favorite chapstick to the gals who knew the most items that Maria mentions in her song in the Sound of Music.  Three gals new all 14.  Then we ate, a buffet of Southern favorites.  Then we told about a few of our favorite items, told what we brought and why, and then drew three names to give our items away.  I made three table runners out of traditional Uzbek fabric for my gifts.

The food table plus a few decorations
 

One of my recent sewing projects... a pennant banner made of local fabrics
The gifts
The gals

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and creative idea! Bet the ladies really enjoyed. xoxo Bebe (PS One of my FAVORITE songs.)

    ReplyDelete