Saturday, February 16, 2013

Friends and Babies

Our last week before the big move, Craig, Max, and I traveled to DC for Craig's work.  I went to stay with my dear friend Susan who had sweet baby #2 January 1st.  Susan and I met in Korea a few years ago.  As it turns out one of Susan's neighbors (and now friends) is my friend Merrill from our days at South Alabama in Mobile.  What a sweet little gift.  Craig and I gathered at Merrill's with another friend from college and former roommate of Craig's. It was not exactly restful with so many little ones, but it was delightful to be with old friends.  -- We did have some pretty difficult travel on the way home, delayed flights, a major sobbing breakdown at the gate, lost bag, etc.  People were so nice after my breakdown, or they avoided eye contact.  
We had about 14 hours between arriving back at Mom's and departing for Atlanta and the big trip.  Craig's bag was delivered to Mom's at 12:45 a.m., less than 2 hours before we left. 

Max's newly mastered crawling skills

Susan and Kyle's sweet #1

Susan and Kyle's sweet #2

Susan and Babe

The gathering at Merrill's, each couple with their youngest, tired babe

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to catch up and hug you guys. Love you!

    ReplyDelete