Saturday, August 31, 2013

Our First Stop

Our vacation began on Seth's birthday, which with the time changes meant he got an extra 10 hours of birthday.  I flew with the boys to Atlanta all by myself.  A couple of hours in the first airport, a seven hour flight, a two hour layover (that required a terminal change, security, and new boarding passes), a ten hour flight, and then almost two hours with baggage and customs.  Aunt Jeannie, Gee, and Tyler were waiting for us on the other side and that made it all worth while.  Fortunately they were able to recognize me even with the inches of food and slobber that covered me from head to toe after feeding Max in my arms the whole way.  Honestly, it went unbelievably well, not fun, but no meltdowns, diaper blowouts, lost children, etc.  No one even used the extra outfits that I lugged across continents, three continents.  I did change into my extra outfit at the airport because I was, as I mentioned above, disgusting and perhaps stinky.

We started our visit in Elba at "The Gee House", as all the grands call it.

All the grands together, Batman style

Little Max and Big Max

Max and Uncle Rob

Solving the world's problems one popsicle at a time


Both of the big boys took swimming lessons while we were home.  This is Vic swimming for us on his last day.  He learned to swim but not to love swimming.  Before vacation was over, he was a water lover though.



  

1 comment:

  1. The Gee house...I love it! Isabelle calls it "The Sea World" when we go. :) All four boys are so handsome and I think Eli and Max could be twins...the fair skin, blue eyes and reddish blonde hair. :)

    ReplyDelete